Sunday 21 September 2008

Goldfinch afternoon

Another selection of Goldfinch photos today, I seem to be over run at the moment with Goldfinches and Coaltits, but I won't complain.

Its that time of year now where I start looking forward to the winter and the different species it brings.

For a count of birds in my garden, as I am typing this we have 3 Collared doves, 1 Wood Pigeon, 7 Goldfinches (mainly Juveniles), 2 Coaltits and a Bluetit, not too bad for my small garden which you can see HERE.

You can see more of my Goldfinch photos by clicking HERE.

To read more about Goldfinches please click HERE.

All photos taken with a Nikon D70 + Sigma 170-500mm.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff Mike. Those Sigma lenses really do produce a real nice rich tone to photos.
    Makes me want to get a 500mm one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Nick looking at your shots though not sure you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful as per your usual.
    :-) I'm encouraged to work on my yard and what will draw more birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the touches of color your goldfinch has. Wonderful photos! Whatever kind of lens you use, it does a perfect job....or at least the photographer using it does :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great as always! Good job!
    Excellent detail!
    Cheers, Klaus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos Mike. I always think your Goldfinches should have another name since there is so little gold on them. Maybe that is the reason they are called Goldfinches because you can't hardly miss that golden wing patch. Excuse me now. I must go see the rest of the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am back after looking at the "one" picture of your garden. It is intrigueing. Please post more. I can see why the birds flock to your garden with those feeders being full no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful images of this beauty. You seem to have got really close, the details are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your finches are beautiful and we have many in our feeder area now too but they don't look much like yours.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, MIKE.