Wednesday 4 December 2013

Northern Lights

I have just got back from a trip to Lapland, mainly to see Santa, but we were lucky enough whilst there for the couple of days to see the Northern Lights.

It is something I have always wanted to see and photograph, we got a call from reception in the hotel to let us know that they could be seen, to be honest to start off with you couldn't see anything more than just a haze, but the camera was picking up a lot more than the eye.

We waited until around 9pm and head up the main sledge/ski slope to get away from the street lights.

I didn't really know what setting to have the camera on so I did a little reading on the internet before we head out, ideally its something you would practice, but as we where only there for 2 nights and it was cloudy on the first night I just had to wing it.

Here are the pics I got, sorry but there are quite a few.




















Hope you enjoyed my pics.

Mike.

9 comments:

  1. Hello again, Mike... no need to apologise for the number of pics... they are brilliant to see! I would love to see this myself. I wouldn't know where to begin with settings. Congratulations... you did a great job. I'm going aurora green with envy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley, its been a life long dream for myself and wife to see these so as you can image we are both over the moon and luckily have the pics for memories. :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, and all this on the only night available. So nice to see the great bear in the sky , we only get the southern cross and orion. Lovely shots and so colourful. Really well done for a first timer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a wonderful opportunity! These are amazing! I wouldn't begin to know how to photograph something like this. You got some wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I need to go again to get more practice, but thanks the pics have turned out really nice we are all well pleased to have witnessed them in action, Mike.

      Delete
  4. Wow, you are a star, sorry. They are superb.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, MIKE.