Sunday 8 February 2015

Mere Sands Wood

Its been a while since my last post.

We had planned for over a week to get out today and go to Mere Sands because the weather albeit cold has been nice and bright.

Not today though, heavy fog and mist was obscuring anything at distance.  That said I managed to get a couple of shots of a Reed bunting and shoveler duck.

Here are the shots of the Reed bunting.



And the Shoveler duck, the last two photos where just before the duck landed on the frozen lake and went for a slide.



Hope you liked the pics.

Mike.

7 comments:

  1. Great post Mike,especially love the flight shots.
    Stunning captures all round.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots, Mike! It has always been a long time since your last post, but we wait patiently knowing the photos will be great when you do post some :-) I haven't been posting much due to health, but need to get back to it now that I feel better. We have several inches of snow today and the birds are frantic and plentiful! I should take some snow shots. I'm knee deep in blackbirds and cardinals! Would rather not have all the blackbirds, but the cardinals are always welcome. Counted at least 20 out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, thanks for the comment and still dropping by.Cardinals would be a great sight, I could do with a bit of colour in my garden :)

      Delete
  3. The Reed Bunting and Shovelers are wonderful, well taken Mike. It has been a long time since we talked.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, MIKE.