Monday 24 August 2020

Macro Photography

This is something I have been trying for a while now and although I have got some decent shots i've never been complete happy with the outcome.

I have been studying a lot of different macro photographers and watching different tips for how they get the photos they do.

Some use extension tubes, some reverse lens and some have a macro lens.  The macro lens being the more expensive.

I use a standard DSLR Nikon D3200 with stock lens 18-55mm with +10 macro lens.  Nothing special about the set up and probably cheaper than a 1:1 prime macro lens.

The one thing we have added to our setup recently is an external flash TT560 speedlite, again not too expensive at around £28 on Amazon, it also came with a diffuser.  I had no idea the difference this would make, but noticed all macro photographers have one, it only recently dawned on me to get one.

I've been out tonight testing it out and here are a few shots.





Amazing to enter their microscopic world and can't wait to get out again and find more things.

Mike.

2 comments:

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, MIKE.